The PiWire+ is a 1-Wire host adapter for use with Raspberry Pi model A+ and B+, Raspberry Pi 2 model B, and Raspberry Pi 3 model B. The PiWire+ features seventeen 1-Wire channels allocated to three independent 1-wire controllers.
Please read the documentation before you begin using your PiWire+. The user manual contains important information about setting up the PiWire+.
The 1-Wire Automation Software fully supports the PiWire+.
The PiWire+ can be used with the owfs software.
- Seventeen (8+8+1) 1-Wire channels on breakout connectors.
- Three 1-Wire I2C host controllers (two DS2482-800 and one DS2482-100). This design enables the deployment of slow 1-Wire slaves (for example a DS18B20 during conversion) and fast 1-Wire slaves simultaneously without locking up the the entire 1-Wire host adapter.
- Very high accuracy real-time clock based on the PCF2129A with CR2032 backup battery.
- Basic ESD protection based on DS9503 protection diodes.
- Incorporates EEPROM as defined by the HAT specification.
- Slot for camera cable is provided.
- Cutout for display cable is provided.
The PiWire+ offers basic ESD protection. While suited for everyday indoor applications, this ESD protection is not capable of protecting the 1-Wire host adapters and the Raspberry Pi against the effects of nearby lightning strikes, especially when using 1-Wire devices and cabling outdoors (for example weather stations). When connecting outdoor equipment and cabling, additional ESD protection circuits are necessary. More information about this can be found in the manual.
PiWire+ is the new name given to the AbioWire+ product
Raspberry Pi is a trademark of the Raspberry Pi Foundation